Your guide, by
ARDUINO MKR FORM FACTOR
Compatible with all Arduino MKR boards: add sensors and interfaces to build your application
Sending data up to 15 Km for any IoT project
TRACKING & POSITIONING
Best-in-class, low-power GNSS technology, combining CloudLocate and LoRaWAN
Extremely low-power board with Move-X and u-blox innovative module designs
The solution for power-constrained
Cicerone is perfect for tracking applications that need meter-level accuracy and long-range low-power LoRaWAN connectivity.
It is based on u-blox MAXM10S GNSS and Move-X MAMWLE modules. This combination allows for best-in-class synergy between GNSS technology and long-range wireless connectivity for power-constrained applications.
The board is designed to extend the battery life of IoT asset tracking applications thanks to an on-board LiPo charging circuit and u-blox CloudLocate positioning.
Cloud-based positioning meets LoRaWAN
CloudLocate is the cloud-based positioning service by u-blox, designed to extend the battery life of power-constrained IoT devices. It is tailored to the needs of IoT asset tracking applications that require reasonable position accuracy, few daily position updates, and only need the positioning information on the cloud, not on the device.
The u-blox cloud-based positioning solution makes a perfect match for use with LoRaWAN, allowing for best-in-class synergy between GNSS technology and long-range wireless connectivity for a real-world developer board perfect for power constrained IoT devices.
For makers and engineers
• Quickly build complex IoT solutions in a small form factor thanks to the compatibility with Arduino IDE
• Expand the hardware with MKR shields
• Asset tracking
• Supply chain and logistics management
• Smart agriculture
• Smart cities
• Environment monitoring
• Infrastructure monitoring
MAMWLE by Move-X
The Move-X MAMWLE is a low-power, LoRaWAN-compliant radio module based on ST's STM32WLEx microcontroller by STMicroelectronics. Powered by a powerful 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 with clock frequency up to 48MHz and paired with up to 64kB SRAM and 256kB Flash, it is suitable for most IoT applications.
The MAX-M10 series is built on the ultra-low-power u-blox M10 GNSS platform, which provides exceptional sensitivity and acquisition times for all L1 GNSS systems. The extremely low power consumption of less than 25 mW in continuous tracking mode allows great power autonomy for all battery-operated devices, such as asset trackers, without compromising on GNSS performance.
Industry leaders have partnered with Move-X to design technology for a better world.
At ST, they create technology for a sustainable world, in a sustainable way. They enable safer, smarter and greener ways of living while acting together to protect the planet.
Adhering to the Swiss tradition of technological innovation u-blox continuously strives to find modern ways to boost customers businesses and build a sustainable future.
Design your IoT device with our Cicerone board
- Radio module:
- Move-X MAMWLE-00 (STM32WLE5)
- CPU architecture:
- STM32 Cortex® M4 32 bit @ 48MHz
- CPU flash memory:
- 128 KB
- 48 KB
- LoRa radio:
- Semtech SX1261/2 (868-915 MHz)
- GNSS module:
- u-blox MAX-M10S
- BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS
- u-blox services: CloudLocate and AssistNow
- u-blox MAX-M10S
- Board supply options (by priority):
- VIN (5V)
- USB (5V)
- Supported batteries:
- Rechargeable 3.70V Li-Ion or Li-Po with onboard SC OD
- OC protections, minimum suggested capacity 500mAh
- Battery management specs:
- 210 mA, charge voltage 4.2V, red LED for status
- Battery voltage monitor through MAMWLE ADC
- Operating voltage:
- Battery charge state (red), user application (green)
- Reset, user application
- Arduino MKR headers:
- up to 22 GPIO, 16 PWM, 7 analog in
- VREF output
- SPI, UART, I2C
- 10-pin JTAG/SWD for ST-LINK
- JST PH 2.0 for Li-Po battery
- u.fl for LoRa antenna
- u.fl for GNSS passive antenna
- Micro USB type B
- board supply and battery charging
- firmware upload
- Arduino MKR headers:
- USB-UART Bridge chip:
- Connected to MAMWLE USART2, BOOT0 and RESET
- 62.9 x 25.0 x 7.52 mm